I currently live in downtown Detroit and have been for the last
few years. I want to discuss and share more about what downtown has to
offer. Since I have been down there, I
have seen many new businesses coming in.
Downtown has been trying to bring more young adults to the city with
more entertainment and luxury lofts. I
live in an area that has been changing a lot with billionaire Quicken Loans
mogul Dan Gilbert buying many buildings in the downtown area. One of the newest
additions he had added next to my building was a parking garage with the first
level open for retail space. Since the
garage was open last year, a few businesses have already entered the space; 7
Greens Detroit Salad, Nojo Kicks and Citizen Yoga.
These businesses are great additions and add vibrancy to the
downtown retail space not seen in decades.
This is going to really bring more people downtown, which should have a
snow ball effect and bring even more businesses! Unfortunately all the additional traffic will
make it not so nice for us residents.
Adjacent to my building in the first floor of the Z parking structure is
an upcoming bar and restaurant Punch Bowl Social. This is a game themed
restaurant/ bar that will open with bowling, ping pong, vintage games and many
other entertainment items. This restaurant chain is already operating in
a few other cities including Denver Colorado, Portland Organ and Austin
Texas. I think this is a great
opportunity for Detroit because there is nothing like this in the rest of the
metro area. The concept is really unique
that will provide something for everyone.
This sound like a great place!
ReplyDeleteConstruction is moving fast on this place – we can already see kind what the inside will look like. The whole Broadway neighborhood is developing.
ReplyDelete