I love this time of year, especially in Detroit due to all
the different winter activities available. One in particular is the ice rink located in
Campus Martius opening next week. A
preview starts November 14-16 from 5p.m. until Midnight. The official opening is November 21, and will
remain open until March. The cost is for
adults is $8; children (12 & under) $7; seniors (50 & older) $7 and
skate rentals are $3. Check the website (http://www.campusmartiuspark.org/)
to see hours open during the week and weekends.
What I enjoy about the rink most is that it is a family
friendly activity, bringing in many families from the surrounding area. One can make an all-day event beginning with ice
skating, warming up in one of the hospitality tents, then taking in one of the
many restaurants downtown. The rink
helps bring people downtown even in the winter which is great for the city. Many times at the winter events a lot of
sponsors come out and provide entertainment for adults and kids. They also provide food and warm beverages for
everyone to enjoy. I look forward to the
rink opening up every year and bringing my friends down for a night in the
city!
I really want to take my family here!
ReplyDeleteMy company's building overlooks the rink. I love watching the process of it being built, and the 60' tree being decorated!
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate that you include the concrete details in addition to the descriptions; knowing the times and costs, etc., makes it much easier to plan an activity, as opposed to just thinking "oh I should check into that," which of course gets put aside.
ReplyDelete