One event I like to participate in on Saturday morning is going
to Eastern Market. A benefit to living
in downtown Detroit is being so close to Eastern Market that I can go every
week to get my fruits and vegetables. I
enjoy seeing all the people come out and support the local community of farmers. The vendors have a lot of passion about their
products and most of them will let you sample their food before you buy. I also like that the food is reasonably priced
and most of the time less than the grocery store. The market is open every Saturday from 7 a.m.
till 4 p.m. and on Tuesdays only from July- October 9 a.m. till 3 p.m. One day that generates a lot of attendance is
flower day, which is held in May. I love
going that day because it is absolutely beautiful to see all the flowers and so
reasonably priced. Flowers are never
cheap and there you are able to get more for your money. The market has been such a success they even
started one on Sunday this year.
The Sunday street market day is only for a short time during
the year; June until the end of September. However this year for the holidays they
decided to open on Sundays beginning November 30th and will run for
the next two Sundays after that. It will
include Christmas trees, Santa Claus, food and beverages along with gifts for
the holiday season. I am super excited
to be able to check this out in the next couple of weeks and I hope it’s a huge
success for the community. Hopefully the
event will be a success and the tradition will continue next year at Eastern
Market. If you have never visited, I
hope you will take the time to visit Eastern Market.
Beautiful mums!
ReplyDeleteGreat way to inform people about our city.
ReplyDeleteChris
I always like to see Eastern Market highlighted – there is such a wide variety of products available to those of us who live downtown! Showing that variety to more people will only help build the momentum.
ReplyDeleteI have yet to head to the Eastern Market and I've lived a short drive from it my whole life! I need to go there sometime. I like what you are writing in your posts here! It is important that people see what our city really is, and that people see what it can be!
ReplyDelete